Donate Furniture , Kitchenware and Household Goods
The Sharing Center accepts donated / used furniture, appliances, beds/frames, bedding, plates, flatware, kitchen utensils and small appliances that we give to our clients at no cost. The Sharing Place alone has helped over 200 individuals and given away $75,000 (used value) worth of goods.
The Sharing Center is combining our resources and partnering with other community based agencies, organizations and churches who are helping families and individuals move from homeless shelters, incarceration, difficult life circumstances or transitional housing by providing good, used furnishings, cookware, dishware, silverware as well as just about anything needed get started in their new digs! It's a simple idea but has a transforming impact on the future of those who are committed to life change.
Everything we have we give to those in need but they must be referred to us by an agency, parole officer, church etc to qualify.
You can help us help those rebuilding their lives by regifting furniture, volunteering your time, and by financially supporting this effort (donate online) or make checks payable to The Family Circle Ministires, 80 Brooklane Court, Elizabethtown PA 17022).
You can help us help others by dropping off your donations. If that is not possible we can arrange for it to be picked up for only a $25 donation per visit for small items or $50 per visit for large furniture or appliances.
You can drop off your items in Mechanicsburg or if you live in Northern Dauphin County (above Peter's Mountain) you can drop your items off at The Valley Lighthouse, 105 W. Main Street, Lykens, PA 17048
Please call to make arrangements - 717-439-0466
Thanks for your donations.
ITEMS WE ACCEPT
All items should be in good condition, smoke free, with no pet hair or bugs.
1. Bedroom furniture - dressers, chest of drawers, night stands etc
2. Bunk beds
3. Mattresses, box springs, bed frames – no king size ***
4. Bed linens, blankets, mattress pads/covers ***
5. Living room/family room furniture ***
6. Kitchen and dining room tables and chairs
7. Microwaves, toasters, toaster ovens, coffee/tea pots
8. Kitchen utensils, dishes, bowls, cups, glassware, accessories of all types and pots and pans
10. Rugs (8 x10 max) ***
12. Working vacuums
13. Bathroom items; towels, washcloths, rugs, shower curtains/liners, rods/rings, and accessories of all types
14. Cleaning supplies, mops, buckets, wipes, disinfectants
15. Artwork and knick-knacks
16. Clothing - new or at least wearable
17. Food - must not be expired or opened. Nothing frozen
18. Child cribs and mattresses, children’s toys ***
19. Washers, dryers, stoves and refrigerators in WORKING ORDER
***Upholstered and anything cloth must come from a non-smoking and pet-free home as people have allergies - Must have no cuts or tears,
WE DO NOT ACCEPT
1. Older (large tube type) or non-working TVs
2. Large Appliances that are not in working order or need assembly
2. Frozen or Expired Food
3. Large Appliances and TVs on a case-by-case basis ONLY
4. Rugs larger than 8 X 10
5. Large metal desks
6. Printers and computers
7. Large entertainment centers
8. Anything that has to be uninstalled or hard-wired.
9. Couches or sofa beds